Boston Globe’s Spotlight Team Part of IDEAS UMass Boston’s October 26 Lineup
The University of Massachusetts Boston’s annual thought-leadership conference, IDEAS UMass Boston, returns to the campus a month from today. Leading innovators from Boston representing science, business, and the arts will present their next big idea in a half-day, fast-paced format on October 26 in the Campus Center Ballroom.
This year’s lineup also includes a luncheon panel discussion with The Boston Globe’s Spotlight Team, which was featured in this year’s Academy Award-winning movie, Spotlight. Callie Crossley, host of WGBH’s Under the Radar with Callie Crossley, is moderating the event.
“IDEAS UMass Boston is truly a remarkable event and one which we are grateful to host,” said UMass Boston Chancellor J. Keith Motley. “It’s a chance to learn about cutting-edge ideas before anyone else and to network with experts who are leaders in their fields.”
This year’s speakers are:
- Ellen Douglas, UMass Boston
- Jose Gomez-Marquez, Little Devices Lab
- Justin Kang, City Awake
- Steven Koppel, The EDI Institute in Boston
- Laura Ligouri, Mindbridge
- Alexie Torres-Fleming, Access Strategies Fund
The luncheon panel discussion includes:
- Scott Allen, The Boston Globe Spotlight Team
- Sacha Pfeiffer, The Boston Globe Spotlight Team
- Todd Wallack, The Boston Globe Spotlight Team
- Callie Crossley, Under the Radar with Callie Crossley
Tickets are $75 a person for corporations and individuals, $50 a person for nonprofit organizations, and $25 a person for students. To register, learn about sponsorship opportunities, or read up on this year’s speakers, visit https://www.umb.edu/ideas/.
IDEAS UMass Boston is sponsored by UMass Boston, Plymouth Rock Assurance, and Flagship. Media partners are the Boston Business Journal and MassInc.