The process to date:
- January 13, 2011 - Robert L. Caret unanimously elected President of the University of Massachusetts.
- December 16, 2010 - Committee receives candidate briefings from search consultant and decides to invite some candidates back for second interviews.
- November 3, 2010 - Interview session.
- October 22, 2010 - Interview session.
- October 21, 2010 - Interview session.
- October 8, 2010 - Interview session.
- October 7, 2010 - Interview session.
- September 17, 2010 - Search committee holds its third meeting, receives briefings on campus forums, as well as applicant-pool briefing.
- September 16, 2010 - Search committee holds campus forum at UMass Boston.
- September 14, 2010 - Search committee holds campus forums at UMass Amherst and UMass Medical School.
- September 13, 2010 - Search committee holds campus forums at UMass Dartmouth and UMass Lowell.
- June 14, 2010 - Search Committee holds its second meeting. Committee members discuss the attributes they would like to see in a new President, approve position advertisement for national publications and select Greenwood/Asher & Associates as the search consultant.
- May 3, 2010 - Search Committee holds its first meeting. Committee Chairman James J. Karam says the committee will conduct a "wide-ranging, national search" and will employ "an open, transparent and inclusive process." The committee announces that it will hold public hearings on each of the five UMass campuses when the new academic year begins.
- March 25, 2010 - Board of Trustees Chairman Robert J. Manning announced the formation of a University of Massachusetts Presidential Search Committee chaired by Board of Trustees Vice Chairman James J. Karam.
- March 1, 2010 - University of Massachusetts President Jack M. Wilson announced that he will conclude his presidency when his current term ends on June 30, 2011.
The PDF files on this page require the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.
University of Massachusetts President Search