Human Resources

Worker's Compensation

Share |

The Commonwealth of Massachusetts' Human Resources Division - Workers' Compensation Section is the worker's compensation insurer for all state employees. Eligibility for coverage begins immediately upon your employment with the University.

Massachusetts Workers' Compensation Guide for Injured Workers

All work-related injuries, serious or otherwise, must be reported to your immediate supervisor and to Human Resources on the day they occur. The supervisor arranges for any immediate medical attention required. Within 48 hours of the injury, the supervisor and employee must complete, sign and forward to Human Resources the Notice of Injury Report. Click here to download the Notice of Injury Form.

Workers' Compensation insurance pays for medical expenses associated with job-related injuries and may also provide a weekly income if you are unable to work due to such an injury for five (5) days or more. If the employee is out of work for more than five (5) calendar days, the supervisor must complete and submit to Human Resources Form 101, Employer's First Report of Injury or Fatality. Click here to download Form 101.

Click here for Worker's Compensation FAQ's:

The Department of Industrial Accidents (DIA) is the agency responsible for administering the workers' compensation law in Massachusetts. For more information regarding Workers' Compensation, please visit:

Please return all forms to Human Resources, 333 South Street, 4th Floor; Shrewsbury, MA 01545

The PDF files on this page require the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.