Welcome to the Summit Program Web Site!
What is the UMass Summit Program?
The UMass Summit Program is a partnership across the business communities and UITS to coordinate, manage, and deliver Enterprise Reporting efforts at the University. These efforts support the development of products, systems, and applications for Enterprise Reporting solutions.
What is Enterprise Reporting?
Enterprise Reporting is a broad category of applications and technologies for gathering, storing, analyzing, and providing access to data. These solutions help enterprise users make more informed and efficient business decisions.
- The University's focus on Enterprise Reporting is essential because solutions can be:
- Mission-critical to an enterprise's operations or occasional to meet a specific requirement
- Enterprise-wide or more focused on one division, department, or project
- Centrally initiated or driven by user demand
- Enterprise Reporting solutions include data warehouses and end-user tools that retrieve and report information.
The mission of the Summit Program is to ensure that each user has easy access to the appropriate information needed to perform their job efficiently and make sound decisions. The Summit Program is user driven, with business needs driving content and priorities.
In order to effectively meet the reporting needs of the business stakeholders, the following high level goals have been established for the Summit Program:
- Provide a consistent user experience for accessing information that supports decision making
- Provide easy access to content that is intuitive and easy to use
- Provide a consolidated view of University data regardless of the source (Finance, HR, SA, other)
- Provide consistent set of query and reporting tools
- Make underlying applications & technologies invisible to user
- Provide secure and role-based access to appropriate data
- Support the needs of department users as well as the central offices
- Provide value to the business by developing effective solutions iteratively